Tagged (again) by Donald Taylor on this one. So this is the way to do it. First post the rules:
- Post these rules before you give your facts.
- List 8 random facts about yourself.
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them.
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Then give the random facts:
1. I am West Ham United’s only Season Ticket Holder living in Australia.
2. I can touch type, having attended evening classes when I was 21: me and 18 young women. Sometimes you just don’t want things to end!
3. I am scared of heights.
4. I have had lunch with Trevor Brooking which was one of the highlights of my life. If you don’t know who he is then it is not worth explaining.
5. I love running but I now run like a carthorse.
6. The AFL side I support is Collingwood, recently beaten by a whisker in the Preliminary Final by Geelong. Geelong went onto slaughter Port Adelaide in the Grand Final so the semi-final tussle was really the match of the season.
7. My Grandfather was one of London University’s first Engineering graduates. He also built model trains. I still use the bradawl he gave me when I was a child and obey his instructions on how to saw, hammer and chisel. When I was five, he made me a workbench that was identical to his but a 10th of the size and I would stand next to him in his ‘cubby hole’ and saw when he sawed, and nail when he nailed etc. It is a miracle I still have five fingers on each hand.
8. I have used, lived with and taken care of a Macintosh laptop virtually since Apple started making laptops. I have tried to count the MacBooks I have owned: it must be around 10 or perhaps more. Each generation from the first has found a small place in my heart.
Sorry to leave this unfinished yesterday but I do have work to do and planes to catch!.