1. The petrol station on the corner of the main street nearest my home has now become a 24 hour drive in Florist.
2. The Geelong Botanic Gardens is being transformed into a minimum water garden i.e. one that can survive on natural rainful only. The green of exotic european plants is being replaced by the darker hues of natives more used to drought conditions.
3. Bike racks and trees are being installed on the corner of every street in the neighbourhood.
4. Corner dairies are being converted into small businesses of another age: financial services or web design companies.
5. There is a fashion for building new, trendy bars in old hotels by distressing the outside so they look derelict but making the interior sumptuous.